The next-generation social shopping experiences will get more personal, allowing consumers to share more. Selling your books – additionally – on Google+ or Facebook?
To help build the most efficient (and awesome) Google+ page for your brand, check out the articles compiled in a mega-list of the top how-to guides from around the web. But how can you promote your business pages? Here are some ideas (I like the contest best)
- Add your Google+ and Facebook page URL to your email signature. You already put your website or blog in your email signature. Now add your Twitter profile and Google+ / Facebook page.
- Write a blog post about your new Google+ or Facebook page.
- Give people reasons to like your pages. Make a list of 5 to 7 reasons on how they will benefit by liking your page.
- Tag other people’s high-traffic Google+ or Facebook pages in your updates. Refer to, tag, and link to other Google+ or Facebook pages, especially those with tons of fans or those targeted to your interests or Facebook page focus.
- Run an exciting contest on your Google+ and Facebook business pages, on your website, your blog, or your Twitter profile where the person who sends the most fans to your page wins a big prize – such as an iPad or a Kindle Fire.
Social Commerce presents another opportunity for authors to do away with traditional publishing. They are becoming a new kind of online shopping centre with many retailers setting up shops and taking sales.