Hi everyone : ) For the past 36 months I have written more than 1,060 blog posts for SavvyBookWriters.com/blog – which have been read by more than 450.000 individuals at
SavvyBookWriters. These posts are submitted several times to Google+, Twitter, Pinterest,
Facebook, Tumblr, StumpleUpon, dozens of Google+ Communities, Goodreads etc.
However, this blog would benefit from a variety of voices, additional advice and different points of view. I am now inviting guest posts on this blog.
It is a great way for your blog and your books sales page to get some fantastic exposure. You certainly can add links from your guest blog via the re-blog function to your website, your own blog or the online retailer where your book is sold. At the same time you will be helping readers of this blog by providing them with useful and relevant information. I welcome posts from writers or bloggers and others in the publishing industry, who know from their own experience what they are writing about.
Here are Some Guidelines for You:
- Topics should be related to writing, publishing and book marketing only. It doesn’t have to be specific to e-books. Write about victories and … in your writing career, or great tips you can give other writers or small publishers.
- Your Guest Post must be original. It should be a new, original post, written entirely by you – No articles from article directories.
- Length: Your guest blog should be at a minimum of somewhere between 500 words to 700 words.
Longer posts are certainly welcomed.
- Exclusivity will be for 30 days. By submitting a guest post to us, you agree not to post it anywhere else online for a period of 30 days after it first appears on this blog- re-blogging on your page is fine.
- Use examples and anecdotes to clarify your points
- Offer fresh content that has not been published before
- Send us a pitch only if you are a blogger with your own blog
- Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws
- Have a conclusion at the end of your article
- Have a call to action for readers after the conclusion
Important: Learn to Write for the Web & Social Media
Writing for blogs is totally differently from writing a novel. Learn how to write the “inverted pyramid” from most important on top to less further on. Is your text easy to read? Eye-tracking studies have shown that readers SCAN text (in an F-shaped pattern), rather than to READ it. And: website visitors read more slowly on the screen than in print. So, how to you use this knowledge for your writing?
Use bullet lists, such as this one:
- Create lots of short paragraphs, and give them all a headline
- Keep sentences short, they should never be longer than one line
- Use spell check and a beta reader / software
- Readers like to interact on the Web, so give them lots of links
- Illustrate your text, use lots of images
- Don’t let your readers scroll on the screen, keep it to one page
- Except prepositions and the words “and” and “the”, all major words in a headline should be capitalized
Online content is not just about words. When you write for the Internet, think “presentation”. Print content is formally written and a passively read. Online content is informally written, interactive and dynamic.
Don’t Query or Inquire About Topics.
Just send your entire post to 111publishing *at* gmail . com – directly in the email-body – NO
Word or other attachments will be opened!!!
Subject: Guest Post
Please include a short “About the Author” bio of approximately 70-80 words (not including the
link to your Web site. Include your Twitter, Google+ or FB ID with the post.
The link back to your blog or author sales page should be within the author bio, NOT within the
article itself. Your bio link must link to your own author site, writing- or publishing-related web
site or book sales page. No affiliate links and no links to unrelated sites.
Please submit a polished post that you would be proud to have published. You will be contacted within three working days. Thank you for your interest and I do look forward to hearing from you!
If you would like to get more support in all things publishing, have your book intensively promoted and learn how to navigate social media sites – or to learn how you can make yourself a name as an author through content writing: We offer all this and more for only $179 for three months – or less than $2 per day! Learn more about this individual book marketing help: http://www.111Publishing.com/Seminars
Or visit http://www.e-book-pr.com/book-promo/ to advertise your new book, specials, your KDP Select Free Days or the new Kindle Countdown Deals.
Please check out all previous posts of this blog (there are more than 1,060 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “LIKE” next to it. There is also the “SHARE” button underneath each article where you can submit the article to Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and StumpleUpon.
Thanks a lot for following:
http://bit.ly/VmtVAS 111Publishing @ Google+
Would You Like to Write a Guest Post?
Guest Blog Writing
For the past year I have written more than 880 blog posts which have been read by over 255.000 people. These posts are submitted several times a day to Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Chime.in, Tumblr, StumpleUpon, Google Communities, Goodreads etc. However, this blog would benefit now from a variety of voices, additional advice and different points of view.
I am now inviting guest posts on this blog.
Guest posting is a great way for your blog and your book to get some fantastic exposure. You certainly can add links from your guest blog to your website, your own blog or the online retailer where your book is sold. At the same time you’ll be helping readers of this blog by providing them with useful and relevant information. I welcome posts from writers or bloggers and others in the publishing industry, who know from their own experience what they are writing about.
Here are some guidelines for you:
You will be contacted within 3 working days.
Thank you for your interest and I do look forward to hearing from you!
Share this: sendtokindle
Posted by ebooksinternational on June 20, 2012 in Blogging, comment on posts, join the conversation, post to public, posting, Social Networks
Tags: 37000 readers, 600 blog posts, Exclusivity for 30 Days, Guest Blog, publishing &book marketing, submit a polished post, Topics related to writing, writing guest blogs