Create an event
While Facebook Events are geared towards getting people together, Google Plus seeks to help people plan beforehand as well as share their experiences during and after the event. Through its aesthetic design and prominent placement on profiles, Events promises to be a collection of group photo albums for commemorating special times, online and offline.
Through its aesthetic design and prominent placement on profiles, this Events feature is a great free tool to market your book launch or signing. But as always with Google+ : Your events success depends on the amount of people you can reach and this in turn depends on how many people you include into your circles.
- Log into http://plus. Log into Google Plus and click on “Events” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the “Create Event” button in the top right-hand corner.
- Fill in the basic details of your event — title, location, etc.
- Decide which of your circles or single persons you want to invite
- By default, only those invited can see your event.
- You can also change it to be a public event.
- Set other options for your event. Click on the “Event options” button next to the event title field.
- Basic options. Decide if you’d like your guests to be able to invite other people and to add their photos to the event page.
- Add additional fields to your event. If you’d like to add a website, ticket seller URL, YouTube link, transit / parking information, or other details to your event information, check the “Show additional fields” option.
- Choose a cover photo of your event. Click on the “Change theme” button at the top to choose between pre-made Google Plus designs and your photos. You can also upload a new photo or play a live slideshow of all the photos.
- Hit “Invite” to confirm the creation of your event. You will be directed to your new event’s page.
- Share the event to your profile by clicking on the button in the top right-hand corner.
Google Plus also automatically creates a new album for all of the photos you upload to an event. You can access these photos from your albums page and from the event page. If this is a yearly-recurring event or a regular gathering between a group of people, you can post pictures from the last time a similar event happened. Otherwise, it might be better to post photos from the event after the gathering has taken place.
Other possibilities are:
Create an event from the calendar list
In the calendar list on the left, click on the down-arrow button next to the appropriate calendar. Then, select Create event on this calendar.
Create an event via SMS
Simply send a text message containing your event’s details to the shortcode “GVENT” (48368). For example, if you send a message with something like “Book Launch at Chapters 3pm on Saturday, November 24, 2012” Google Calendar can figure out what you mean and pop the new event into your calendar.
Publish the Event
When you click the “Publish Event” link you will be given some code that you can use to link to your event. This is how you would share the event on your website so that users can click a button to add it to their calendar. Within this code is the link that will take users right to your event. Copy all of the code between a href=” and the next set of double quote marks.
As the creator of the Event, you can manage your guest list, add photos, share your Event with more people, edit Event details and delete an Event. How to add a Google map and give directions how your guests can reach you is shown in this video.
Be smart and use this exiting, free Google+ tool to spread the word about your book and your event. And don’t forget: a similar feature is offered by Goodreads, also for free. Take advantage of these great opportunities to present your book!
If you would like to get more support in all things publishing, have your book intensively promoted and learn how to navigate social media sites – or to learn how you can make yourself a name as an author through content writing: We offer all this and more for only $159 for three months! Learn more about this individual book marketing help: http://www.111Publishing.com/Seminars
Or visit http://www.e-book-pr.com/book-promo/
to advertise your new book, specials, your KDP Select Free Days or the new Kindle Countdown Deals.
Please check out all previous posts of this blog (there are more than 970 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “LIKE” next to it. There is also the “SHARE” button underneath each article where you can submit the article to Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and StumpleUpon.
Thanks a lot for following: