Goodreads Author Program – use it to promote yourself and your books. What is the Goodreads Author Program?
Goodreads explains their Author Program: a completely free feature designed to help authors reach their target audience — passionate readers. This is the perfect place for new and established authors to promote their books.
What Can You Do as a Goodreads Author?
1. Take Control of Your Profile
Make your profile a dynamic destination for curious readers. Here are some of the features you can use on your profile:
- Add a picture and bio.
- Share your list of favorite books and recent reads with your fans!
- Write a blog and generate a band of followers.
- Publicize upcoming events, such as book signings and speaking engagements.
- Share book excerpts and other writing.
- Write a quiz about your book or a related topic.
- Post videos.
- Add the Goodreads Author widget to to your personal website or blog to show off reviews of your books.
2. Promote Your Books
Get the word out! Here are some of the promotional tools available on Goodreads:
- Sign up to advertise your book to up to the Goodreads Community—16,000,000 readers!
- List a book giveaway to generate pre-launch buzz.
- Lead a Q&A discussion group for readers.
- Participate in discussions on your profile, in groups and in the discussion forums for your books.
How do I join?
- If you are already a Goodreads member, make sure you are signed in. If not, Sign up for an account.
- Search for yourself and click on your published author name. The author name is listed below the title of your book in the search results. If you do not find your book in our database of published works, please see section below (who can join).
- Clicking on your name takes you to your basic author profile page. This page has your name at the top and “author profile” to the right of your name. This page is part of our database of books and authors and is separate from your member profile page (which lists your bookshelves and friends).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click “Is this you?” to send a request to join the Author Program. Please give us a few days to process your request. You will receive email confirmation when we successfully upgrade your user account to an author account. Joining the program merges your author page with your member page. The email will also contain further instructions for managing your author profile.
Who Can Join?
The Author Program is designed for people with published books, or who are in the process of publishing a book. It’s best if your work is on a bookseller’s website, such as Amazon.com or BN.com, but we will accept any author who has published a book. This includes authors from other countries as well as authors who are self-published (such as through Barnes & Noble pubit! or services like Lulu). If your book is self-published and is not yet in the Goodreads database, you may manually add it.
If you are a writer but have not yet published a book, you may want to check out the writing section of your profile where you can post your writing for others to read and review.
How To Use the Author Program
Learn more about how to promote your books with special tools on Goodreads. Each slideshow demonstrates a different aspect of our Author Program.
Author Profile, Author Dashboard, and Widgets
- edit profile information,
- add book cover images,
- post events,
- write a blog,
- upload videos,
- and start featured author groups.
If you would like to get help in all things publishing, have your book heavily promoted and learn how to navigate social media sites: We offer all this and more for only a “token” of $1 / day for 3 months. Learn more about this individual book marketing help: http://www.111Publishing.com/seminar
Please feel free to check out all previous posts of this blog (there are more than 760 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “LIKE” next to it. There is also the “SHARE” button underneath each article where you can submit the article to Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Chime.in, Facebook, Tumblr and StumpleUpon.
Thanks a lot for following: