Books are becoming popular marketing tools for the self-employed. An estimated almost 1 Million titles written by entrepreneurs and other non-traditional authors were published in the U.S.
That’s more than double 2008′s figure, according to Bowker LLC, which, for U.S. publishers, assigns the unique ISBN numbers that identify books.
Mike Holmes book MAKE IT RIGHT
“Entrepreneurs in most cases are not actually looking to produce best-sellers. Instead, most are taking advantage of new forms of publishing, including electronic publishing and print-on-demand, to generate a marketing tool and additional income at the same time. That income stems from speaking, consulting, press and new customers. It’s not about selling copies.
The National Speakers Association, a trade group in Tempe, Arizona, USA, reports that about 70% of its 3,200 members are authors and more than 60% earn $100,000 a year on average just from giving presentations.
The trend wouldn’t have been possible without the emergence of print-on-demand publishers and the advent of the e-book. The electronic-book market and the Internet in general have eased the distribution process for authors. Within minutes you can now upload a file and have a book.” Mr. Witty is the author of 21 Ways to Build Your Business with a Book.
Blogger Kim Bookless writes in her article:
Your Book Is Your New Business Card
- Your book will encourage customers to buy your product or offer you speaking engagements.
- Your book will convince clients to hire you for consulting or freelance work. To establish your expertise and set you apart from your competition, give copies of your book to prospects when you meet them and include copies when you send proposals.
- Your book will add legitimacy to training courses and workshops. It will help establish you as a subject matter expert and encourage people to register for classes.
- Your book will help you build your list. Selling your book on your website enables you to capture important contact information.
- To realize these benefits, you must produce a book that is well written and designed.
If you would like to get help in all things publishing, have your book heavily promoted and learn how to navigate social media sites: We offer all this and more for only a “token” of $1 / day for 3 months. Learn more about this individual book marketing help: http://www.111Publishing.com/seminar
Please feel free to check out all previous posts of this blog (there are more than 730 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “LIKE” next to it. There is also the “SHARE” button underneath each article where you can submit the article to Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Chime.in, Facebook, Tumblr and StumpleUpon.
Thanks a lot for following: