Jeff Bullas just wrote in his blog: “These enticing, tempting distractions (by social media) are robbing us of time that should be spent doing productive work like washing your car, cleaning the house or doing your tax… and I know how much you all enjoy those activities!”
- videos viewed on phones and embedded in websites)
- Users on YouTube spend a total of 2.9 billion hours per month (326,294 years)
- Wikipedia hosts 17 million articles
- Wikipedia authors total over 91,000 contributors
- People upload 3,000 images to Flickr (the photo sharing social media site) every minute
- Flickr hosts over 5 billion images
- 190 million average Tweets per day occur on Twitter (May 2011)
- Twitter is handling 1.6 billion queries per day
- Twitter is adding nearly 500,000 users a day
- Google+ has more than 25 million users
- Google+ was the fastest social network to reach 10 million users at 16 days (Twitter took 780 days and Facebook 852 days)
Read 10 more stunning stats on Jeff Bullas’ blog.
Statistics by SocialStatistics.com
Find more stats and see the fascinating info graphic http://www.jeffbullas.com/2011/09/02/20-stunning-social-media-statistics/#g8LfQ8Tvst2p8Tis.99
If you enjoyed this blog post, please feel free to check out all previous posts (there are almost 500 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “Like” next to it.
Follow on Twitter: @111publishing
And don’t forget to spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or StumbleUpon – or other social networking sites of your choice) – other writers might also enjoy this blog and find it useful.