Job Opening: Assistant at German Book Office New York
Seeking native English speakers possessing German language skills for Assistant position at the German Book Office New York/Frankfurt Book Fair.
- Support of Director in all matters of the business including but not limited to: Communication with German and American publishing professionals;
- Copy-editing English texts for both grammar and style; assisting in coordination of various events and Frankfurt Book Fair related matters
- Writing reviews, articles and various blog posts for the Frankfurt Book Fair, the GBO, and New Books in German Magazine
- Managing the GBO and part of the Frankfurt Book Fair’s social media presence including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest etc.
- Creating online email campaigns
- Monthly accounting for the GBO and Publishing Perspectives
- Conducting research projects for the GBO and the Frankfurt Book Fair
The German Book Office (GBO) New York, Inc., founded in 1998 as a non-profit organization, is a project of the Frankfurt Book Fair and acts as a bridge between the German and American publishing industries. The mission of the GBO is to promote German books in North America. We establish contact between German and North American publishers, and we partner with international and literary organizations
to promote translated books.
In addition, the German Book Office works closely with the Frankfurt Book Fair on its North American activities and projects. We provide information and assistance to exhibitors and visitors of the fair.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Business-related majors a plus.
- Prior office experience, preferably in publishing, digital media or agency desired.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow up and follow through all projects
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office Suite and online research methods
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred; Final Cut Pro X, a plus
- Native English speakers possessing German language skills
- Willingness to learn, eagerness to network and interest in publishing at large
Please send your resume, with salary expectations and earliest possible start date to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoyed this blog post, please feel free to check out all previous posts (there are almost 500 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “Like” next to it.
Follow on Twitter: @111publishing
And don’t forget to spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or StumbleUpon – or other social networking sites of your choice) – other writers might also enjoy this blog and find it useful.
July 20, 2012 at 8:24 am
Reblogged this on EbookAutorenPublizieren and commented:
Anyone living in New Your who speaks German?
August 14, 2012 at 10:46 am
I am Native German speaker possessing English language skills. May I apply for it? Thanks.
August 15, 2012 at 9:54 am
Tobias, Give it a try if your English is really perfect. But you have to have NYC as your main residence.