Maybe a little off-topic – yet, throughout this blog I posted quite frequently tips about entrepreneurship and self-publishing for authors. This morning I found by chance a great article at Inc.com that shows IRS data – and why it does not pay to be employed.
Wages and salaries: 8.6%
Partnerships and corporations: 19.9%
Capital gains: 45.8%
- Working for a salary won’t make you rich!!!
- Neither will making only safe “income” investments.
- Neither will investing only in large companies.
- Owning a business or businesses, whether in part or partnership, could not only build a solid wealth foundation but could someday…
- Generate a huge financial windfall.
Clearly, getting rich–in monetary terms–is the result of investing in yourself and others, taking risks, doing a lot of small things right… and then doing one big thing really, really right. And hopefully achieving other goals along the way–because then, even if you don’t get rich, you’ll still be wealthy.
Read the whole article: http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/how-the-rich-got-rich.html?nav=pop
If you enjoyed this blog post, please feel free to check out previous posts (there are almost 500 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “Like” next to it.
Follow us on Twitter: @111publishing
And don’t forget to spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or StumbleUpon – or other social networking sites of your choice) – other writers might also enjoy this blog and find it useful.