Your Book-Marketing Schedule
How and when to introduce your book to the world? Book Marketing is not a one-time action and is not done in a week, month or a year. It is an ongoing process, starting BEFORE and while you write your book. No matter if you go with a big publisher or self-publish, no matter if this will be a traditional print book or an e-book or audio-book, you as the creator of the manuscript will the best person to introduce your book – publishers barely do it anyway. They invest time and money only in famous, established writers.
Before and during your writing process: Have you done all these steps before you finished writing your book?
1. Start your social presence NOW – if you have not done already. Be at least on three sites! Google+ is a must as it has the greatest impact on Search Engines! And #2=Twitter, then Facebook or LinkedIn
2. Start a data bank of names/email addresses, of potential book customers, journalists, editors, literary agents etc.
3. Start your author blog and do SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
4. Send blog articles to newspapers / magazines and even to e-zines
5. Write guest blogs for other bloggers to get your name out
6. Create your website under ”yourname”.com
7. Join at least five of the book communities, #1 Goodreads, #2 Wattpads,
#3 KindleBoards, #4 BookTalk, #5 Scribd
8. Send single chapters to Wattpads.com for readers’ reviews
9. Write your “elevator pitch”
10. Create an email signature & use it for every email you send out
11. Create a Google+ web page
12. Become a member on Kindle Boards
13. Create a Goodreads web page
14. If you write non-fiction, join HARO (Help a Reporter out)
15. Print business cards / book marks
16. Make a business plan if you author-publish AND a marketing plan
17. Get an ISBN number and register copyright
18. Gather reviews and blurbs
19. Get customer orders for special pre-launch sale
20. Choose the right genre (category) and tags for your book
21. Register with Bowker worldwide (free)
These are the first 21 tips – the remaining 90 are in my upcoming book: 111 Tips How to Market Your Book. They will be explained in detail and lots of useful links will be added.
Make sure you have done everyone of these steps to have a great start when your book is published. Write for pleasure – publish for profit!