What is the Goodreads Author Program?
The Goodreads Author Program is a completely free feature designed to help authors reach their target audience — passionate readers. This is the perfect place for new and established authors to promote their books.
What Can You Do as a Goodreads Author?
- Take Control of Your Profile
- Make your profile a dynamic destination for curious readers. Here are some of the features you can use on your profile:
- Add a picture and bio.
- Share your list of favorite books and recent reads with your fans!
- Write a blog and generate a band of followers.
- Publicize upcoming events, such as book signings and speaking engagements.
- Share book excerpts and other writing.
- Write a quiz about your book or a related topic.
- Post videos.
- Add the Goodreads Author widget to to your personal website or blog to show off reviews of your books.
Promote Your Books
- Get the word out! Here are some of the promotional tools available on Goodreads:
- Sign up to advertise your book to up to the Goodreads Community—7,100,000 readers!
- List a book giveaway to generate pre-launch buzz.
- Lead a Q&A discussion group for readers.
- Participate in discussions on your profile, in groups and in the discussion forums for your books.
How Do I Join?
If you are already a Goodreads member, make sure you are signed in. If not, Sign up for an account.
Search for yourself and click on your published author name. The author name is listed below the title of your book in the search results.
Who Can Join?
The Author Program is designed for both, writer with published books, or who are in the process of publishing a book. It’s best if your work is on a bookseller’s website, such as Amazon.com or BN.com, but we will accept any author who has published a book. This includes authors from other countries as well as authors who are self-published (such as through Barnes & Noble pubit! or services like Lulu). If your book is self-published and is not yet in the Goodreads database, you may manually add it.
If you are a writer but have not yet published a book, you may want to check out the writing section of your profile where you can post your writing for others to read and review.