Do Writers Need Another Social Media Site?
You have Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest accounts, you are in Goodreads and other reader-author sites. You spent already too much time in all these social networks. Why join Google+ on top of that?
Joel Friedlander explains in his superb blog http://www.thebookdesigner.com why it makes sense for writers to join the 170+ million users. He explains the features that distinguish Google+ from the other networks and why it is a great location for authors:
– decide which circles will receive your message (segmentation)
– follow circles published by leaders that are of interest for you
– instantly have a real-time video conference right inside Google+
– there is almost no limit of characters compared with Twitter or Facebook
– your profile will be always top ranked on Google search
– If you share a post on G+ it instantly gets into the Google ranking machine – as in you don’t have to wait for the crawlers to get to your site.
Read his full article on Google+