Writers nowadays have to promote themselves and their work more than ever before – online and in person. The online presence demands images as well as text, whether it is a biography on a website, a bio for your readers or an editor, or it is on social media sites. It should answer the question: Why is she/he a credible writer and knowledgeable about this subject?
Here are some tips:
– Write max. 350 words about your publishing history
– Avoid resume style, this is business writing
– Mention awards, credentials, publication successes
– Write either in the first or third person
– It is all about your writing, not personal information
– Include how you can be reached
– Check out bios from as many other authors as you can find
– Before you send it out: Edit, edit and edit more
Take the time to write a marvelous biography. You can use these lines for all your queries, for your publishing and social media websites, your book page on distributor’s sites and many more occasions, even the famous “elevator pitches”.
If you have written a book, contact me, send your writers biography, a cover image and a description of your work, and I will add it to this blog, certainly for free.