Many cruise travelers want more stimulating activities on days at sea than simply reclining by the pool, sitting on the bar, drinking or playing cards. A growing number of cruise lines are adding programs – interactive workshops, lectures from experts, culinary demonstrations and seminar presentations on a variety of topics.
Carnival Cruise Lines added a Seminar for Writers at the brand new “Breeze”, which departs on November 3, 2013 from Miami into the Caribbean. Stops will be in:
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Grand Turk
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Why is it a fantastic possibility for writers to spend their vacation (or part of it) on a Caribbean cruise and learn at the same time about publishing and book marketing?
1. Before you start your NaNoWri Month, learn which publishing possibilities are out there and how you could create your author platform – before your book is ready to publish.
2. November is a great vacation month in the Caribbean, and at this time of the year cruises are more for adults as the school year is in full swing.
3. Spoil the author in your life and have this event booked before Valentines Day – as it is a fantastic gift for your loved one, better than any chocolates or over-priced dinners. What you pay for a Valentine evening out is almost the down payment for this cruise!
4. This unique “Workshop-At-Sea” will help authors to:
- Strategically establish a writing career
- Create their own brand and platform
5. The seminar gives writers suggestions:
- How to market and publicize their books on a budget or for FREE
- Find book publishing funding sources, grants and writers residencies
6. The seminar will help you to:
- Identify their target readers and
- how to reach these potential book buyers, without incurring costs
7. As a Special Guest at this “Seminar Cruise” you qualify for Discount Rates on spectacular shore excursions, such as to the cascading waterfalls of Dunn’s River, near Ocho Rios, Jamaica, or diving excursions on Grand Turk’s protected coral reef.
8. This Book Marketing & Publishing Seminar will be held during the days at sea – two half-day lectures – and offers as an added value, one-on-one consultations for authors.
10. For this 6 Night Cruise, spouses who are not participating in the seminar, get a reduction of $200 for their fares. Prices are “Per Person” and include all port charges, government fees, taxes and mandatory pre-paid gratuities. The Carnival website and most other online cruise sites do NOT include these “extra” charges…but this special offer rates DO!
11. Signing up with the cruise representative requires only a down payment of $250 per person, the remaining is due latest to the end of July 2013. Packages start at $1.032 per person for a double, and $832 for those who are not attending the seminar.
12. Authors who established a writing business can partially deduct costs for the cruise, such as the two days at sea, the seminar fee (which is included in the faire) and transportation / accommodation to Miami. For details ask your tax advisor.
13. Cruise voyages are very inclusive and offer great value:
- Brand new attractive staterooms
- Transfer to Miami pier
- A bottle of Sparkling Wine in every stateroom
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries in every stateroom
- FREE Photograph Credit for every stateroom
- An Onboard Bon Voyage “Meet & Greet” Party
- Two Book Marketing Success Workshops plus individual consultations
- A Private Farewell Party with champagne toast
- Your cruise certainly includes all your meals in the regular dining venues, a smorgasbord of on-board entertainment including Vegas style shows/musical performances/comedy & variety shows, and some beverages (coffee/tea/juices).
If the idea of taking a publishing and book marketing class and experiencing the pleasures of cruising at the same time appeals to you, you can conveniently and safely book your reservation online at http://Writers.TheCruiseEvent.com or call Dancing Moon Travel (404) 913-4FUN
Cruise ships to the Caribbean fill up months in advance. Our experience shows that many of the best and preferred cabins will be reserved within just a few weeks!! Plus, there are several other niche groups scheduled to be on board. If you are considering cruising with us, register now.
If you enjoyed this blog post, please feel free to check out all previous posts of this blog (there are almost 600 of them : ) if you haven’t already. Why not sign up to receive them regularly by email? Just click on “Follow” in the upper line on each page – and then on “LIKE” next to it. There is also the “SHARE” button underneath each article where you can submit the article to Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Chime.in, Facebook, Tumblr and StumpleUpon.
Follow on Twitter: @111publishing
And don’t forget to spread the word on other social networking sites of your choice for other writers who might also enjoy this blog and find it useful. Thanks, Doris